Third time's the charm

I will be purchasing The Sims 3 when it officially releases next Tuesday neutral... I can't believe I'm actually saying this after washing my hands years ago of part 2, but apparently it's come to this cool.

So as some of you might know by a now a 'version' of the Sims 3 was somehow leaked on the net about a month prior to the upcoming June 2nd release date. I'm putting 'version' in quotes seeing as no one's really sure whether this was the final version or just a beta (and EA's apparently being tight-lipped... as expected). Anyhow, I figured I might as well take a look to see what this latest version is all about... any major improvements or new towns, does it actually work on my currently memory-impaired PC? A curious mind wanted to know... so of course, there I went and downloaded it confused...
Granted it turned out I wasn't exactly the best at creating houses like this guy in this video, but I will say this... after a couple hours of playing the leaked version, I decided to pre-order the real one. The decision was really simple... the game is fun. Perhaps a lot more so than I would've expected, but between the freedom of finally being able to leave your house and the somewhat 'RPG-elements' added to it, I can see myself wasting a couple hours a week on this at the least (thank god I quite WoW last year mrgreen).
And for the record, my sim looks about 100 times better than this model being used for the screenshot. His boyfriend's not too bad looking either now that I think about it cool... But yeah, I highly recommend giving this game a chance (despite any preconceptions). After about a decade, EA may have finally gotten it right mrgreen...