Mobile Bliss

Question: What has 4 gigs of memory, a Core 2 Duo processor, 500 gigs of hard-drive space... and... costs well under $1,000? (Hint: This item also boasts a beautiful 'Fusion' finish gorgeous enough to make a certain blogger fall in love with it cool)
Yes, it's true I've fallen in love (and it's not just a crush this time cool.Plus apparently the love is being reciprocated seeing as I'm here once again blogging mrgreen... But anyhow, to answer the stated question, a certain new (affordable) Toshiba Satellite proudly features all the above characteristics and more. A 16" backlit screen (great for pictures I must say cool), 8 hours of battery life, awesome sounding speakers, and enough ram to run games decently even in spite of having an integrated graphics card... and all this for a price about $100 less than the actual cost on the Toshiba website... (Thank you Best Buy, very much appreciated mrgreen).

Suffice to say I'm more than a little satisfied with my purchase (perhaps not as insane as what some other blogmate's who shall remain nameless, but it's still pretty neat). The only drawback thus far I think is the keyboard... I type about 85-90 wpm, so getting used to the large flat keys and small backspace/spacebar will take a little adjustment. Overall though well worth the money... Now I just gotta hold out long enough till I can download Windows 7 and flee this 'supposed' operating system people refer to as Vista confused.