Evil Dilemmas

I'm still somewhat agonizing over whether or not I should purchase this game. Granted everything about the latest Resident Evil looks great... it's one of those quintessential 'next-gen' games (for whatever that amounts to)... but the reviews I've been seeing have left me somewhat hesitant to lay down the 60 bucks. I mean replay value anyone? If I'm going to be paying almost $100 and all I'd like to enjoy it more than 12 hours confused...
Plus a big sticking point is the (forced) two player co-op... For a survival horror game to force a second computer player to tag along from beginning to end kind of seems... unnecessary. I just gotta wonder why confused?... Just Chris would've been good enough for me mrgreen.
I'm still on the fence, but I'm starting to lean one way more than the other. I'm thinking maybe just purchasing, playing through and returning (unless of course it turns out fantastic)... or just avoiding it altogether... Decisions, decisions sad...